Saturday, January 15, 2011

Counterculture Mama

While I vow to be true to myself, if I exposed all of myself at once I fear your brain might implode. The only person able to handle the unfiltered me is a man who runs fifty miles a week, probably to detox himself of me!

One facet of myself is my profession: Stay-at-home mom. Yes, I'm a SAHM and that doesn't mean I sit around watching soap operas and eating bon bons all day even though I do find time for televesion, chocolate, and blogging. Babywearing helps. As I write this, my daughter just woke up from a nap and is gumming a teether while in the sling. I'm still fascinated that a baby worn in a sling or wrap often goes to sleep or wakes up without making so much a peep.

Step inside a part of my world:
You Might be a Counterculture Mama if . . . .

Nearly all of these apply to me, except that I am not the worst part of the pediatrician's day. My daughter's pediatrician must have an unnatural fascination with seeing healthy children once in a while.  Her staff might think so, though, as polite as I try to be.  "Actually, you don't have to bother setting anything up because she's not getting shots today.  Thank you."
P.S.- Can I get a shout out from any mamas who love the smell of breastfed baby breath?

No comments:

Post a Comment