Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Good morning

My daughter woke up at 7 am again this morning and I wasn't going to wake up until I had to change her diaper.  It was just a fart, which put me in a great mood for the morning.  Baby farts are too cute.  This weekend she slept in until 10.  I hope for that every weekend!

This morning I had a dream that my boyfriend had a baby, effortlessly.  I saw her gorgeous face so clearly.  She looked a lot like our daughterly but with lighter hair, eyes, and eyebrows.  The eyebrows were not her father's like the ones our little girl has.  Overall, the looked a lot more like the kind of baby people would say looked like mommy.  He got up right after the delivery and started walking around while our daughters were playing; the new baby was already holding her head up and sitting up.  It sure does seem like that, as soon as they are born they are hitting those milestones.  When I woke up I thought, "He didn't deliver the placenta."

I think the dream spawned from the fact that I am often showed-up by my boyfriend.  I often need to take a break to nurse the baby while cooking our Sunday morning pancakes.  I ask my boyfriend if he can handle it and with the attitude he tries so hard to hide but says, "I've been a chef since before your parents even met," he flips the pancake up in the air without using a spatula.  Ugh!  Still, when we sit down to the pancakes he gushes all over them, "You make the best pancakes."  Yada-yada.

 Sunday's potato pancakes

Chistmas morning's buckwheat ginger cranberry sauce flapjacks

My boyfriend is still in bed, even though he set up everything to take his German Sheperd running with him.  The dogs are going through a trial separation.  They have been so bad recently that we thought it might be better for all of us if my dog went to go live with her previous owner where she gets spoiled.  I joke, "One down..."

Despite our daughter having a rough weekend, my boyfriend and I were able to get a lot done and I managed to maintain a positive ourlook for the second weekend in a row.  It feels so great being pleasant instead of succumbing to the baby blues.  Truth be told, it's more bitch than blues, but which came first, the chicken or the egg? 

Our daughter is teething and she's had a recurring buttly-buttly rash for a while.  She was very sensitive yesterday, she went into fits during diaper changes.  She even did the shaking crying thing, poor baby.  She seems to be better this morning, though I am having one hell of a time fitting the prefolds on her.  This size runs to 30 pounds, which she most definitely is not.  I believe my difficulties are arising from the fact that I have to wrap the corners around two hamhocks compounded by the squirming.  When we were taking the Bradley class, a couple who had graduated visited with their son.  I saw the mom and her son later when he was 8 months old at a mutual friend's house.  Boy, was he a squirmy wormy at changing time!  He even rolled over and did down dog when his mom was wiping him.  I realized then that we might have to switch to all-in-one diapers in the future, I just didn't think it would happen so soon!  That's the age-old adage of parenthood: "They grow up so fast!"  I don't want to relinquish the luxury of the economy of prefolds.  We'll see how it goes.  Perhaps giving her a toy while I'm changie dee baby will help.



No comments:

Post a Comment