Saturday, January 15, 2011

Introduction

So I've finally taken my friends' advice and started a blog. 

I've decided to do so because:

1.  I have reason to believe many of my Facebook friends have blocked my posts because they were tired about hearing about my baby, my milk, my boyfriend, my dogs, my food, etc.  Evidently these things are not as amusing to most people as they are to me.  My thoughts organize themseles in status updates throughout the day and I try to be very selective in what I post.  Don't pretend you're not the same way.  Clearly I have far too many things that interest me or piss me off than was ever intended to be shared on Facebook.

2.  I spend my days babbling to my only companion: my infant daughter.  Her delightful coloratura squeals don't do very much for maintaining my vocabulary.  Secondly, while there is no communication barrier between us, my boyfriend speaks English as a second language.  Furthermore, he spends his days with people who speak Spanglish and Japanglish.  If all of that weren't enough to turn me tongue-tied in my own language,  between us we speak in a language all our own: a little English, a little Spanish, a little Japanese, and a lot of baby talk (Cutely bably, bady dogglie).  How am I ever going to be a credible source if I can't speak my own language?

Here are the things that kept me from starting a blog:

1.  Blogs are for self-absorbed people who have too much time on their hands.  I'm a new mom.  Even if I do have time for myself I cannot count on when that time will come.  I am happy to see that blogger has autodrafts.

2.  The keyboard on my boyfriend's laptop is uber sensitive and my typing gets erased very often after I have mulled on my thoughts and finally decided which words best express them.  I'd imagine the experience is very similar to what a nut shot might feel like.  Again, I am happy for the autodrafts.

With my blog I hope to:

1.  Improve my English.
2.  Let my mom know that I am okay.
3.  Let myself know that I am okay. 
4.  Share my droll thoughts with any unsuspecting readers.
     *I dare to use droll because what little self-confidence I have won't allow me the word "boring."

"Opinions are like assholes, everybody has them."  -Grandma
"And everybody thinks everyone else's stinks." -Mom

I feel strongly about a lot of things.  While I know not everybody needs to think the same way I do, I am still young and highly opinionated.  However, I am not one of these people who like to sit around and debate.  I have better things to do, like sit around and talk about things we agree about : )  I would walk a hundred miles to avoid confrontation but I will stick to my guns. 
I try not to talk out of my ass.  I like to be able to back myself up, if for nothing more than my own validation.  More and more it is becoming obvious to me that what we call fact might not indeed be fact.  Studies are flawed and researchers are accepting funding from dubious sources.  While information is highly valuable, I believe ultimately intuition will lead the way.  Unfortunately, many people are not in the habit of taking advantage of the mind-blowing amount of information we have available and intuition has been replaced with programming. 

It is the age of Aquarius.  Wake up!

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do is in harmony."
-Gandhi

I can think of a few times in my life that I have bowed to other people and have not been true to myself.  One instance haunts me since it rocked my very core.  While my thoughts, words, and actions are not always pure I strive to be truthful to myself.

I will throw this one in here just so you don't have any expectations about my blog:

"But for my faith in God I should have been a raving maniac."
-Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment